Thanks to all who attended the 2013 TOL!
Thanks to everyone who joined us at Lynwood Center on Bainbridge Island for the 2013 Taste of Lynwood: a day of free live music, arts & crafts vendors, all kinds of food, & a beer garden and activities for the kids. And mark your calendar for Saturday, September 13, 2014! Parking is free with a variety of shuttle options; walk onto the Seattle-Bainbridge ferry and catch the shuttle to Lynwood Center, check our Find Us page for more information.
New for 2013 at our south end, was Taste of Lynwood’s first ever Classic Car Show, benefitting Bainbridge Youth Services.
2013 Schedule of Festivities
- 11 am:
- Welcome to the Taste of Lynwood! Arts, crafts & food vendors open! All music performances are free to the public.
- Johnny Bregar of Bainbridge Island plays music with lyrics for kids and melodies that parents love. Fun for all ages! Recent albums include My Neighborhood, Dragonfly and Hootenanny.
- The Paperboys. For the past 15 years, The Paperboys have been selling out venues with Mexican to Irish Jigs and Reels and a good dose of Country and Bluegrass, to healthy of servings of Ska, Soca and African Highlife.
- LeRoy Bell and His Only Friends, a huge hit at last year’s TOL, the crowd was dancing in the streets until dark! Their most recent CD is Rock ’n Soul. Welcome back LeRoy!
- Massy Ferguson, 21-and-over, Treehouse Café Stage. Tracing their influences to bands like The Jayhawks, The Hold Steady and Bruce Springsteen, the group plays its own brand of blue-collar twang rock. They have opened for international touring acts such as members of Phish and The Grateful Dead.
Baker Hill Challenge
The Baker Hill Challenge is back! This year’s version features a classic Hill Run but this time it’s up the other side of Baker Hill. Stop at the top and claim your crown as King and Queen of the Hill, or become part of the Baker Hill Fitness Challenge, courtesy of CrossFit Outcome. The Challenge includes squats, burpees and a surprise before you head back to the Main Event. This event is sponsored by Bberry Photography, Carley Construction, Blue Moon Land Company, Indigo Architecture & Interiors, and Island Fitness. All proceeds to benefit Make Some Noise-Cure Pediatric Cancer. Registration opens at 8:30am and the race starts starts at 9:30am. Preregister at bakerhillchallenge.eventbrite.com.